1) What is the working title of your next book?
The working title is Kiss Kisses which is written by me!
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
The idea for Kiss Kisses came from observing my niece. I observed fact that every time she enters a room she is quickly prompted by my sister to go around the room delivering kisses to all her relatives. It made me wonder what a kiss would mean to her and how many different kinds she would imagine there were.
3) In what genre does your book fall?
This book is an early reader. Primarily set up as a bed time story of sorts.
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Oh Wow! I imagine that I'd love for my niece to play the part but she is too young. So I think I'll go with a young Keshia Knight Pulliam. She played Rudy on the Cosby Show.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
From the time she wakes up till she falls asleep, Erica spends her day getting and giving different kind of kisses. Join us to see all the different kinds! What kind of kisses do you get? (Ok, that's longer than a sentence. I need to shave that a bit!)
6) Who is publishing your book?
I'll probably let this be my first foray into self publishing, but I do have a couple of prospective publishers interested in e-publication.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
The first draft came rather quickly. The revisions on the other hand!! Heh!
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Hmm...I can't think of any in particular. My book is intended to be a bed time book but it doesn't focus on bedtime specifically. So it can be read anytime.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
My niece was my inspiration!
10) What else about the book might pique the reader's interest?
I think spending the day with Erica will help to fuel kids imaginations about the different kinds of kisses they get in their lives. Don't be surprised if your kids start naming the different types of kisses they get!
Thank you for stopping in here to help me celebrate my "Next Big Thing." Now onto the next three candidates who will post on the 23rd of this month. I'll update with direct links then!
Kevin William Cross
Mary Reaves Uhles