Monday, February 21, 2011

Perspective Schmerspective!!!



I decided to pull this sketch that I'd done a little while ago to finish it up. Easy right!!? I need newer images for my portfolio. Images that are in line with the type of artwork I want to do.

Looking at the sketch I realized I had fallen into my old trap of designing right to left! So I flipped the image and went in to tighten things up. Everything was fine until I decided to do correct perspective on the room and block city. Jeezums!!! It is breaking me DOWN! LOL!

Does anybody have any ideas on how to get this to work better? Would the perspective on the block city be the same as the room. If so, it fisheyes SOO bad that it would make the room unreadable. When do you decide to forget the rules and just go with what looks ok versus what is actually correct and accurate? Everything actually looked ok until I decided to make it correct. Love to hear what you guys think!

2 comments:

Jenn Bower said...

What if you flipped the orientation of your page? It would allow you more room to extend your vanishing point and give you greater depth in which to play with the perspective. Maybe also exaggerate the scale of the child. Right now he looks like the same size as the blocks. Maybe make his foot BIGGER and his head smaller. Obviously all of this is said in my humble opinion.

WilsonW said...

Hey Jennifer!!! Thanks so much for your input! I appreciate it. I'll take wisdom wherever I can get it! I have a question. Do you mean flip the orientation of the image back to what it was before? Thanks for the clarification!