Friday, April 2, 2010

Vector Journey

Heya folks!!!

It has been a while! Luckily it's because I am busy working on my first childrens' book!! I am excited and hopefully all goes well! I'll keep you in the loop as things progress!!

On another note! I got a call the other evening from my rep asking if I had any vector artwork. Of course I have vector artwork, but guess what...none of it was of kids or animals or anything relevant to the children's industry. So I worked hard to whip something up quickly. (Remember those from college!!?) LOL!

Anyways, Once I was done I was kinda pleased with what I had. I think my style in this medium could use refinement and development but I am strongly considering adding a portion of my portfolio to the vector arena. I think it highlights a very different aspect of my illustration style. Take a gander and let me know what ya think!!!

I will definitely need to dip into my imagination to come up with new vector work!!! (OK..I know it's stretching it a bit!)

I will probably use Illustration Friday to develop my kids vector portfolio. So look forward to seeing a new vector image from me weekly! I'll probably gear them specifically to the Educational market.

Thanks guys!
-Wilson

13 comments:

theartofpuro said...

Congrats on your children book!
And the illo about children is fantastic,love the style and the colours:)

WilsonW said...

Thanks so much!!! :) Let's hope more projects will keep flowing through the door!!

Edrian said...

A huge congratulations to you! You've done it! It must be such a great feeling! How awesome for you!

WilsonW said...

Thanks Edrian! It's another step for sure! I just have to remember that it takes just as much work for the next one, if not more!!

di* said...

The illo is very good!
Congrats for your childrens book =)
I hope someday i'll get that chance to ;)

Good work!

Joy Steuerwald said...

Great characters! I love how each one has their own attitude. There's a definite story with this group :o)

WilsonW said...

Thanks guys!!!

MrBibleHead said...

Hey Kwan! Congrats on the book./ I can't wait to see it! You have a perfect style for kid's books. This one for "dip" is so great! i love your characters and the whole design of the piece. FANTASTIC! you ROCK my friend!

Cally Johnson-Isaacs said...

Cool characters!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the story each one tells. Very nice work. Congratulations on the book!

life without novacaine said...

Great illo! Such personality each character has... and to think you just "whipped" this out! Very nice. I love your illustration style!

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog.

Liza Woodruff said...

Nice work! People are definitely looking for computer generated artwork. This should be a great addition to your portfolio.

WilsonW said...

Thanks so much guys!! I'll keep you all in the loop!! ;)