Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wisdom Wednesday

I thought that SCBWI was going to be my only resource for corresponding with other Children's Book Illustrators. How wrong I was and how happy that makes me. I recently came across verlakay.com which led me to the Children's Writers & Illustrators Message Board or how it is more affectionately known, the Blueboards. Here's a link to the forums. I have just joined and have yet to introduce myself. From what I've seen the community looks to be friendly and supportive. I'm looking forward to participating and learning with the members!! Come join me!

Currently listening to: Erykah Badu/New Amerykah Part Two(Return of the Ankh)

LOVE IT!!! In a world of cookie cutter artists, I love it when an artist grows and lets you grow with them. Erykah is one of my favorite musical artists. Sometimes she takes me down paths that make me wonder what am I doing here? But I trust her vision enough to keep up with her. I may not always LOVE where she takes me, but I am always better for having taken the journey. The only other artist who has taken me on a longer journey is Meshell N'Degeocello.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

YAY, Wilson! Good to see you back here...and wow, what amazing news..congratulations on your book! I'm so excited for you!!! And you have a rep, that's awesome..I hope he/she is working well for you. I'm so happy you popped by so that I could see your recent posts - the new vector piece below is wonderful..definitely fresh and full of energy. I look forward to more posts from you soon! : )

WilsonW said...

Heya Shirley!! Thanks so much! It keeps me busy, busy, busy! I'll do my best to keep more posts a coming!!!