Thursday, September 29, 2011

Vesta Williams has passed away



The singer's body was found Thursday, Sept. 22, 2011 at approximately 4:30 p.m. in a Los Angeles hotel, where she was staying temporarily while transitioning to a new home.

The first time I heard Vesta I thought it was Chaka Khan. Then I saw her on an interview on BET with Donnie Simpson and I realized she was so much funnier, accessible and more sexy than Miss Kahn. (no surprise that she sang back up for her.) She then went on to host Donnie's show by herself a couple of times. Was rumored to get her own talk show. Flirted with being a stand up comic and even guest starred on 227 as Sandra's cousin/sister or something.(Her Jackee' impression was dead on.) And who can forget the Mcdonald's commercial with her scatting the BigMac song with Al Jarreau. Priceless!!!!

A truly talented, beautiful, confident and amazingly voiced sistah. My heart broke as I read of her passing. She will be missed.










No comments: